Pump knowledge --- Parallel Operation of Slurry Pumps and precautions
The parallel operation of slurry pumps is a working method in which two or more pump outlets deliver fluid to the same pressure pipeline. The purpose of parallel operation is to increase the flow rate.
Commonly used in the following occasions:
1. The liquid supply cannot be interrupted, and for safety reasons, it is used as a standby pump;
2. The flow rate is too large, and by using one pump, it is difficult to manufacture, plus the cost will be very high.
Or used in occasions where power startup is restricted;
3. The expansion of the project needs to increase the flow;
4. The external load changes greatly, the quantity of pumps needs to be adjusted;
5. The capacity of the standby pump needs to be reduced.
II: Matters needing attention when the slurry pump is working
1.When slurry pumps are working in parallel, it is best that the pump discharge heads are the same or very close to same;
In order to avoid that the pump with the smaller head has little or no effect, two pumps with the same performance should be used in parallel.
2. When pumps are working in parallel, the inlet and outlet pipelines of the pumps should be basically symmetrical to avoid the reduction of the effect of the pump with large pipeline resistance;
3. Pay attention to the flow rate when selecting the pump, otherwise it will not work at the best efficiency point (BEP) when working in parallel;
4. Pay attention to the matching power of the pump. If only pump is running, choose the matching power according to the flow rate to prevent the overloading of the prime motor;
5. In order to achieve the purpose of increasing more flow after parallel connection, the diameter of the outlet pipe should be increased, and the resistance coefficient should be reduced to meet the needs of increasing flow after paralleling.